Followers

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Open Invitation to Follow Our Journey with Autism

Please feel free to follow along, and read what it is like to raise a child with autism. You will read from both perspectives, as I do write from my perspective and input from my daughter. My mission is to educate both parents and their children. Autism, sometimes called, "Pervasive Developmental Disorder," is a complex syndrome which affects each child differently. There are enough similarities to write an interesting and useful blog. Many of the tips I have learned over the years came from other Moms who had children with challenges. Most of the time, a child on the autism spectrum has other challenges they are trying to juggle. Sensory Integration happens to be one of the challenges that seems to go along with an autism diagnosis.

I look forward to interacting with you, and sharing what we have learned during our twenty year journey. In turn, I hope you will share your tips and strategies. Autism is complicated, just as is getting the services needed to help our children. I would love to hear some success stories!
Thank you to Blogger for the opportunity to communicate with each other.


No comments: